Monday, January 30, 2012

1-28-12 Morning Bowhunt at the G Farm


With the bow season just about run down to the wire, my wife probably getting ready to shoot me, and our busy social / family schedule beggar's can't be choosers as to when they can get out and hunt. I had an opening this morning and decided to take it. What the hell, the worst thing that can happen is I go sit outside and don't see any deer. Plus I needed to freshen up the trail camera attractant and see if there is anything still hanging around the area. My son & I rolled out of the house later than I wanted, we arrived after shooting light, and there wasn't a track to be found anywhere in the freshly fallen snow as we made our way to the ground blind.

So.... I took pictures. What else was I gonna do?

Our spot for a very brief morning hunt today...


Click this bar to view the original image of 1024x683px.


The view out the front window...

Click this bar to view the original image of 1024x683px.


The shooting window to the sweet spot...



The coons have been tearing this thing up. They had it rolled about 15 feet from the spot in front of the camera. It's a block with molasis, corn, and a bunch of other stuff that deer apparently do not give a rats ass about...



How do you keep a 1st grader quiet in the ground blind? Upload Angry Birds to your phone and hand it over...



Where's the deerz?!?! I'm hungry!!! My toes are cold!!! What time is it anyway?!?! Can we leave at 9:00?!?!

Click this bar to view the original image of 1024x1024px.


So after sticking it out for a whole hour and 45 minutes, and looking through the lack of deer pictures from the trail camera's memory card, we decided to make the move...

Click this bar to view the original image of 1024x1024px.


Best decision of the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment