Wednesday, September 5, 2012

3rd Camera check at the G farm


Checked the camera again recently, but the picture count was way down at the mineral lick on the outside corner. The western edge of the woods has corn planted in it, while the northern edge of the corner has beans. I'm guessing that the deer are starting to move off of the beans now that they're turning yellow and the acorns are dropping. There are no oaks along the outside corner, or within 60 yards of where this camera was hung. With only having a few hundred pictures compared to the other camera hung at the opposite end of the farm I decided to pull it off of the mineral site and relocate it on a trail coming into the woods from a fence row that contained some big rubs last fall. The trail runs from the west to the east, borders against some thick bedding area, and filters into the southern edge of a small stand of oaks. I hung the camera probably a little deeper into the woods than I normally do, but we'll see what happens. I won't be going back in to check it for a few weeks, and only when I've got a good rain in the forecast. Hopefully the picture count will be a little higher here on my next check, letting me know who is using the trail and coming in to feed.

A couple pics of Trent is all for bucks on my target list...



Some other pics just to throw in...

This yote needs to go. The fawns & polts seem to be going well around this farm and I want to keep it that way.


A couple turkey shots. They seem to be making a presence on the farm this summer. Hopefully they stick around for the fall season...



I think this might be my first pic of an owl...



No comments:

Post a Comment