So with that said, I figured I should take a few minutes and start to put down some of the idea for next hunting season, as well start my own off-season "To Do List" in order to hold myself accountable.
The ever growing "To Do" list that I'll be keeping for myself. This is the fun stuff though...
- Knock on a few doors before turkey season starts on April 18th. Maybe if I get lucky and land a spot close to home, I'll get out and do some turkey hunting this spring. If not, oh well.
- Try to gain one new property to bow hunt this fall by June.
- Try to gain at least one new property to hunt geese on this fall.
- Decoys - Get some of the guys together in July to touch up the paint on the goose decoys.
- Timber - Take him out at least twice a month, to different areas for advanced training drills.
- Tree stands - repaint my hang on stand & ladder sticks from the M-1 property, and check it's overall condition.
- Life Lines - make life line / prusik knot systems to leave in place for each stand site I plan to set up next season.
- Maximize the performance of my bow. (The is a whole other subject I'll probably write about in greater detail later)